The Lulla Doll was designed in Iceland after many years of scientific research which shows how closeness improves sleep, well being and safety. Playing a real heartbeat and breathing continuously for 8 hours!
Lulla’s unique patent pending design was inspired by research on kangaroo care, the effects of heartbeat and breathing sounds, and the effects that smell, sight and touch have on babies and small children.
This from the creator of the Lulla Doll Sleep Companion:
Hear– When the chest is pressed, Lulla plays a real-life recording of the breathing and heartbeat of a mother at rest. Her name is Gudrun, she is a dear friend, a mother of four and a Kundalini yoga teacher.
Look– Babies prefer to look at something that resembles a human face. The colors of the doll were chosen for the purpose of making the doll unisex and unirace.
Touch– The outer layer is made from soft natural cotton. The filling is made from ultra fine microfiber that is hypoallergenic.
Smell– The fabric of the doll can absorb smell from parents if they first keep it close to their skin before giving it to their child for extra feeling of security.
Clean and safe– The doll is machine washable in warm water making it safer for small babies with underdeveloped immune and respiratory systems.
The Lulla Doll comes with batteries for Demo purposes only, please change as soon as possible. Hold Lulla’s on/off button down for 3 seconds continuously to activate. This is a feature which has been built in to stop accidental turn offs when your child rolls onto Lulla. There is a strap in Lulla’s battery pack to allow her to be secured to the cot when baby is very young.
The Lulla doll operates on 2 X AAA batteries and the developers of Lulla highly recommend the use of rechargeable batteries for both environmental and economic reasons.
The rechargeable battery life is approx 56 hours – 60 hours (7 days of 8 hours per day). We have found Eneloop and Energiser to be the best performing rechargeable batteries.
Good quality alkaline batteries such as Duracell Gold, Ever Ready Gold or Energiser Plus may play up to 100 hours. A cheaper version which when tested also produced good results was the Sonixcell from the Warehouse.
Please do not use Lithium batteries with any of our battery operated products including Lulla and the Baby Shusher. By doing so you will void your warranty. Use good quality rechargeable or alkaline batteries.
6 MONTH WARRANTY on manufacturers faults – general wear and tear not included.
Reviews in from Australia and NZ. The Lulla Doll sells out in record time!
- “I just wanted to say how amazing the lulla doll is and it actually works! My 20 month old has slept through the night a hand full of times and always without fail wakes up . We got the doll yesterday and immediately she loved it took to bed went straight to sleep which never happens and actually slept through the entire night with not a peep! I can’t believe it . Best money I have ever spent thank you ‘Sarah” – ChCh NZ
- “Cooper (4 year old) loves it. He came in at 6am and said that his doll kept him safe, he woke up twice overnight but didn’t need to come and get us because it was like we were with him and he just snuggled his doll. WINNING!!!”
- “We received the lulla doll. I cannot thank you enough. It’s amazing my one year old went from waking every 40 mins to last night sleeping through. I feel like a human again. She basically sleeps on top of the doll and it’s working. So again my sanity thank you”
- “Day 3 of using Lulla, and I must say I am very impressed. Amazing quality, so soft and my daughter Paige who is 9 months old has taken to her very well. She has always been a good sleeper and goes down awake. What I have found is that if she stirs a little or has a little cry, she settles and goes back to sleep and is sleeping for long periods during the day, whereas before she would wake straight up after a stir or cry. Even with her three older noisy sisters she is sleeping through.” Emma x
- “She usually takes much longer than under 2 mins to drop off! We’ve had continued success today I cannot rate lulla enough. My one year old was waking every 40 mins even with Co sleeping and I was at my wits end and crippled with exhaustion. I purchased Lulla as a last resort thinking that we had absolutely no hope. On the first night in her cot she woke twice and the second and third night we had a baby that slept through the night. I feel like a human again thank you so much for bringing this into my life.”
A great blog to read from Fiona at Sleepytot New Zealand about the Lulla Dolls – http://sleepytot.co.nz/baby/lets-talk-about-the-lulla-doll-and-with-honesty-too/
You can view the rest of our Sleep Aids range here.